The arms are made up of a LOT of very tiny parts. It was SUCH a pain in the ass to get them to print properly. Teeny tiny parts are not easy! It was very frustrating until I got a good system down. I also had problems with curling, and when you're already working at such a small scale, that makes it that much more difficult.
The machine can totally handle it - it's the mesh that's faceted, which is my bad, really. It was a limitation I settled on because of my frustration with Maya's inability to boolean shit without having an aneurysm.
Because I'm working on this from home on my iMac. Maya, zbrush, replicatorG (program I use for Makerbot stuff) is all on my Maya side. I have windows installed through parallels, but it's insanely frustrating to work with because my files are on a mounted partition that becomes invisible to Mac while Windows is running. So if I have windows up, I can't do ANYTHING on the mac side until I shut down windows completely. So if I were to export something in max and need to access that file in maya or ReplicatorG, I'd have to shut down windows and close Parallels. Then I can open the file and if, lo and behold, something is wrong and I need to go back to max to fix it, I have to reopen parallels, boot up windows (slooooow) load up max, open the file... it's just very tedius. So I'm trying to suffer through using Maya only.